The Dutchess County Dental Society is an organization for Dutchess County Dentists, committed to continuing education and the advancement of current dental knowledge.
The recommendation to discontinue all elective dental work has become a Mandate effective March, 22, 2020. Please click to read the statement from NYSDA. https://www.nysdental.org/news-publications/novel-coronavirus-(covid-19)
Please follow the following links for information and recommendations regarding the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19
8) Small Business Association emergency relief program https://www.sba.gov/disaster-assistance/coronavirus-covid-19
9) NYS position on what is an "essential" service https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026?fbclid=IwAR2mh0PltvwXiLyMERva1N3EM-nh6vYYqCvlzBj0KsdZ24bTJoExAn93Imo
News concerning coronavirus (COVID-19) is evolving each and every day. As you may have heard, today, Dutchess County has confirmed that a local resident has tested positive for the first time. Local government officials stress that this particular case does not pose a widespread threat to public health.
Like you, I understand how frustrating it can be to try to sort fact from fiction when it comes to staying healthy, which is why I want to be sure that you have access to timely and accurate information. To get the most up to date information, I encourage you to visit the state’s webpage regularly that has been set up to provide the latest notices. The webpage is updated frequently and includes helpful information on effective cleaning and disinfecting, help for childcare providers and schools, and guidelines for individuals who have recently travelled internationally.
You can visit the website by clicking here, or copying and pasting https://www.health.ny.
The New York State Department of Health also set up a toll-free hotline at 1-888-364-3065 that residents can call for additional information. It is important to remember that if you believe you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please be sure to call your healthcare provider BEFORE going to a doctor's office or hospital. To learn more about the symptoms associated with COVID-19, please click here.
In an abundance of caution, Dutchess County Health officials are asking that any event expecting 20 or more participants be postponed.
Please know, the state continues to coordinate closely with local governments, healthcare providers, school districts, higher education institutions and others. We will continue to monitor the situation carefully, but it is important to remember that the NYS Department of Health continues to stress the importance of prevention and preparedness over panic. They continue to stress the importance of taking the following basic steps to help protect your health:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer,
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands,
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick,
- Stay home when you are sick,
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, and
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
I encourage you to share this message with friends and family so that they may take the steps they need to stay healthy as well.
Dutchess Count Dental Society donated to several worthy local organizations. We received these awesome thank you letters!
- One of our own, Dr. Irving Baum, has written an article on The Dutchess County Players - an amazing outreach program for school children. Read the article HERE.
- EPA postpones amalgam separator rule (May 21, 2015, ADA News)
- NYSDA Successful in Delaying Implementation of Mandatory e-Prescribing (March 16, 2015, NYSDA)